One of the prime advantages enjoyed by Oconomowoc Golf Club Members is our relatively small membership that allows for comparatively unrestricted tee times for all. Members are urged to exercise GOOD JUDGEMENT, along with TACT and DIPLOMACY in exercising this privilege.
Playing Rules and Reminders
Care and respect for our course are mandatory for all members and their guests. Please observe the following regulations:
- Replace all divots. Repair your ball marks.
- Rake all bunkers each time they are entered, leave rakes inside bunkers.
- Don’t litter on course – pick up paper, bottles and place material in containers on each tee.
- No practice putting is allowed on the greens – use the practice putting green provided.
- Do not practice on regular fairways.
- Always permit faster players to play through if one hole is open in front of your group.
- Golf cars should utilize the cart paths provided around greens and tees. Keep golf cars at least 15 yards from greens, tees and all mounded bunker surrounds.
- Tee ball between markers.
- Do not start from #10 tee without permission from the golf professional. No starting on #10 before 8:00 a.m.
- Golf Professional must approve groups of more than four golfers desiring to play together.
- Observe and obey signs posted on the course – they are there for a purpose and for your benefit.
- Soft spiked shoes are required. Metal spikes are not allowed.
- No Blue Jeans are to be worn on course.
Violations of these rules constitute grounds for expulsion from the club, either temporarily or permanently
Golf Car Rules and Fees
9 holes ~ $12.00 per player
18 holes ~ $24.00 per player
Rider fee ~$12.00 per player
Rules & Regulations for Operation of Golf Cars
The Golf Course Superintendent will make the appropriate decision forbidding the use of motorized cars on days when conditions of the course make play with motorized cars undesirable.
Proper handling of a golf car is essential for course maintenance, pace of play, and personal safety. Operators and passengers of golf cars should abide by the following:
- Golf cars should utilize the cart paths provided around the greens and tees. Keep golf cars at least 15 yards from the greens, tees and all mounded bunker surrounds.
- Drivers shall obey traffic directional signs and avoid restricted areas marked with stakes or ropes.
- Golf cars are rented only to persons possessing a valid driver’s license. No one under 16 years of age shall be permitted to operate a motorized car at any time.
- Children of Private golf cars need to be 16 years of age to operate unless accompanied by an adult.
- Oconomowoc members shall be responsible for their guests’ operation of motorized cars in accordance with the established rules.
- No member may lend or borrow a privately owned golf car for use if a club owned golf car is available for rental.
- A rider fee is applicable to any member who is not the private golf car owner. We ask that you please inform the Golf Shop before beginning play to assure proper billing.
Please note: Upon violation of any of the golf car rules, the
Board of Directors is authorized to suspend golf car use until
such violation is corrected to their satisfaction.
Private Golf Car Owners
Any members wishing to purchase a storage position for their own private golf car will need to contact the Administrative Manager. There are limited spaces available and certain positions are designed as gas or electric. It is important to understand that it is the private owners’ responsibility to make their own arrangements for repairs and maintenance. Private golf car owners should ensure that their homeowner’s insurance policy properly covers their golf car while on club property.
Private car owners shall be responsible for any damage to the golf course caused by their car, whether resulting from the use of the cart by owner or their guest.
Insurance and Liability for Personal Property
We recommend to all members who possess articles of significant value left on club premise, to consider insuring these items with their homeowner’s insurance policies. Please be aware that the Oconomowoc Golf Club is not responsible and cannot be held liable for members’ personal property on premises. Personal property refers to golf clubs, bags, shoes, private golf cars and other personal articles.
OGC Dress Code Effective January 1, 2012
THE FOLLOWING APPLIES TO MEMBERS, GUESTS, AND JUNIORS, DURING PLAY, PRACTICE, INSTRUCTION, AND CLUBHOUSE USE
- All pants, shorts, or skirts must have cuffs or hems and be worn at
- For women – Capri’s. Shorts, golf skirts, that extend to at least mid-thigh length. Sleeved or sleeveless, and shirts with or without collars.
- For men – Walking type golf shorts, and cargo shorts that extend to at least mid-thigh length. Collared golf shirts with sleeves. Shirts designed to be tucked in should be tucked in.
- Turtlenecks, mock turtlenecks, mock neck tee shirts. * Sweaters, sweater vests, and golf jackets. * Denim/jeans are allowed under the following conditions: Denim/jeans must be tasteful in style, with no holes, tears, patches or fraying at any hem. For all men, women, and children denim/jeans must be a fitting style, no baggy or “sagging” pants, visible midriff or visible under garment will not be tolerated.
BLUE DENIM [SHIRTS, SKIRTS, JACKETS, OR PANTS] ARE NOT ALLOWED FOR PLAY ON THE GOLF COURSE OR PRACTICE RANGE!
* Hats may be worn in the bar and patio areas of the club. Hats are not permitted in the dining rooms. * Golf shoes must be spikeless or soft-spiked. Shoes or sandals must be worn outside the locker rooms at all times.
- Tennis shorts, tennis skirts, short shorts of any kind, bike shorts, shorts without pockets, sweats, workout clothes.
- Undershirts, tank tops, muscle shirts, mesh style shirts, halter tops, tops that expose a bare midriff, shirts with printed words or images that are indecent or offensive, low riding clothing of any type.
We ask that all members and guests wear suitable business, casual, sports, or golf attire within the clubhouse. Please make sure your guests are aware of our dress code.
Policies Within the Clubhouse
- The clubhouse manager is required to keep order and to notify members and guests of any infractions of the rules.
- No notice shall be posted upon the Bulletin Boards unless cleared by the clubhouse manager.
- The Clubhouse will be closed at approximately 10:00 p.m. However, during inclement weather if no players are present for play (with the exception of Thursdays) it may be closed as early as 6:00 p.m. The dining room and food service will close at 3:00 p.m. on Tuesdays and Saturdays. Special openings for group dining on Tuesday and Saturday evenings may be arranged by contacting the Clubhouse Manager.
- All complaints to the Board of Directors will gladly be reviewed and discussed by the proper authority providing they are submitted in writing with a signature. Of course compliments are always welcomed! Constructive criticism is appreciated and encouraged provided a sensible solution is available.
- Children shall not be allowed to play, run or loiter in the locker rooms, restrooms, Golf Shop or the bar room.
- Pets are not permitted in any part of the clubhouse or on the grounds.
- Cell Phones are banned in the bar, dining room, grill room and on the golf course.
- NO SMOKING allowed in the any part of the clubhouse facility. The patio is available.